Monday 1 February 2016

After I joined OrangAsliProject

Orang Asli Project is the first community service event that I joined in UTAR.

At the beginning, I intend to join this program with my coursemates, but because of some issue, they were unable to make it, so I need to go by myself. I scared to be alone, so I've think, "should I quit this program as well? " but now, I felt lucky that I didn't choose to quit it. 

There is a lot of first time experiences during that three days. First time communicate with Orang Asli, first try nasi buluh, first time sleep in a atap house with cat, first time living in somewhere without toilet, first time took bath in a river and more.... It's incredible and awesome. These experiences have open up my sight and made me think wide and look wide. We shouldn't only focus on ourselves, living in our "world"... 

Sometimes we should really run away from ourselves in order to find ourselves. 

I do really felt happy in this three days, I really felt that I'm being myself and doing somethings I wanted. 
I think... I'm in love. 
I'm in love with the environment, with a sky full of star and a river with gurgling water. 
I'm in love with the people, with their food, music and laughter.
I'm in love with the kids, with their sincere smile and cute face.  
Lastly, 
I'm in love with the team, The lovely and fantastic team. 








Who you'll be next year, that is a unknown. 
Shock yourself out of your comfort zone, 
because that's going to lead you to the next versions of yourself.  




No comments: